Who we are
Our Headquarters are located in Zug, Switzerland. Our goal is to operate the Scenic Group fleet with the best resources available. When we talk about resources, we mean people. We are committed to finding and nourishing the best new talents in the industry. Scenic’s route to global success started in 1986 with coach tours operating throughout Australia. Over the years, new markets have been discovered and developed. A new historic chapter commenced in 2008 as Scenic took on the exciting world of river cruises. Emerald Cruises followed in 2013. Since then, Scenic has continued to grow the river cruise ship fleet, and today we have a total of 20 ships sailing across the rivers of Europe, including the Rhine, Main and Danube, the French rivers and the Douro River in Portugal.
- Opportunities for career development
- Employment Contract covering the health accident insurance and pension funds
- Unique salary scheme that recognizes and rewards the years of service and commitment
- Complimentary crew internet
- Two days off per month on board (RMD) / One days off per week on board (FR)
- Access to the Gym/Fitness room
- Crew entertainment centre in crew area
- Possibility to join guest excursions
- TV and movies on demand in each crew cabin
- Discounts on board shop items
- Granted crew welfare during the sailing season
- Opportunity to work on our ocean vessels during the off-season
- Seasonal Swiss Employment Contract. Permanent contracts for HODs are offered based on seniority and work performance (RMD)
- Seasonal French Employment Contract. Permanent contracts for HODs are offered based on seniority and work performance (FR)
INSURANCE & BENEFITS
- Social insurance fees, health and accident insurance as well as board and lodging are covered by the Employer and are detailed on the Employee’s monthly salary statement.
- salary refers to the resulting amount after deduction of all contributions for social insurance contributions, health insurance, daily allowance insurance, and withholding tax, but before deduction of personal taxes. In this re - spect, the employee is responsible for paying taxes at his place of residence. The salary will be paid to a bank account in the employees name as per bank details submit - ted by the employee. The salary entitlement starts from the first effective working day
- Travel arrangements to and from the place of work are at the sole respon - sibility of the Employee. Upon successful com - pletion of the probation period and against the presentation of original receipts, the Employer will compensate the Employee for the travel expenses defined in the contract agreement.
- Additionally, each crew member will be pro - vided with a lump sum as support with their travel holiday expenses (FR).
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW WITH SCENIC
The „Amazing People Creating Wonder“ that Scenic select carefully, are the ones with the potential to develop into future management roles.
With this philosophy at heart, we created internal promotion paths where talented, hard-working employees have the chance to prove themselves and advance their careers.
POSITIONS TO BE FILLED
HOTEL MANAGER M/F/X
RESTAURANT MANAGER M/F/X
EXECUTIVE CHEF M/F/X
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER M/F/X
RESTAURANT/BAR STEWARD-ESS M/F/X
CABIN/LAUNDRY STEWARD-ESS M/F/X
EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF M/F/X
JUNIOR SOUS CHEF M/F/X
CHEF DE PARTIE M/F/X
JUNIOR COOK M/F/X
- Good communicative knowledge of the English language
- Previous work experience in the position
- Flexibility and resistance to stress
- Pleasant demeanour
START DATE: March 2024 - new season
- The season lasts from about March to November. The season starts in March - November/ December a year
WHO IS THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR SCENIC
At Scenic we believe in positive attitude, in passion for your work, in proven work experience at establishments which taught you everything you know today. Our selection process follows these principles. „Amazing People Creating Wonder“ is our mantra and we go to great lengths to ensure we select only those people who can create memorable guest experiences.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON BOARD?
At Scenic, we strive to make our ships your home away from home and offer you a positive working environment. Our on-board teams are encouraged to foster open-door policies and care
If you are interested, please fill in our online registration form and attach a CV in English and a recent photo of yourself.
Job placement without any fees!