While establishing a friendly relationship with guests, the Waiter provides excellent and professional dining service to guests, presenting the menus and suggesting particular courses and drinks.
- Supervises their assigned station at any restaurant, including the buffet area;
- Greets, presents menus and takes orders from guests;
- Presents the wine and beverage list and helps guests make their selection;
- Serves the various courses and beverages, ensuring correct presentation;
- Ensures that the assigned station is clean and supervises the correct mise en place before and after every service;
- Reports immediately any problems and guests’ complains to their direct supervisor;
- Supervises the Assistant Waiter assigned to their station, ensuring they are performing their job correctly, and providing help, encouragement and coaching.
- Fluent English, oral and written, plus good verbal communication skills in German;
- High School certificate is advantage;
- Experience in 4/5 stars restaurant, hotel or resort is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
- Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
- STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
For more information about this company click here